Saturday, September 7, 2013

Super Weekend and other updates

Friday, September 6, 3pm 

Hellllooooo! I feel like it's been ages since I sat down to write a blog post, but for good reason! The past few weeks I've been running around like a nut going on community visits, going to the beach, going to Field Based Training. It's been crazy. I'll try to break these down by activity. 

(Avid readers: whenever you see a slew of posts remember to scroll down to the first new one so that you don't read out of order.) 

Peace Corps El Salvador is ever so gracious in its planning that we are allowed one weekend in all of the ten week training to be free. Freeeeeeee! They actually call it "free weekend," as opposed to the cultural incarceration we've grown accustomed to. It's the only time we can leave our training communities overnight and take a mental break from classes, Spanish, overbearing host mothers, and deep fried food. 

Sorry folks, I won't go into details here. Let's just say that free weekend, or super weekend as I lovingly named it, was a much needed, appreciated, beautiful, perfect vacation. I'll dream of it when I'm sweating it out in Morazan. 

We were able to rent a house all weekend for $20 each. It was riiiiiight on the beach. Here's our pool/view. 

Amanda and Kai unloading the food. Each training community made a meal. We made hungover breakfast on Saturday featuring spam. I don't understand Hawaii's fascination with spam. 

WELL, MARIA WAS READY!

Asiha, the Cristal model. No really, she's been in Italian Vogue. ***Cristal is a water company here. Common guys, we're PCTs. Like we can afford fancy alcohol! 

Some of the gang and our house. 

Of course there are people giving horse rides on the beach! 

Why wouldn't there be cows grazing on the beach? 

I loved swimming in the ocean. I miss it all the time :( 

There are more pics on other cameras, if I find them I'll repost them here!







No comments: