Thursday, September 26, 2013

Suchitoto

This weekend we went to Suchitoto, a touristy place with waterfalls and good coffee. We met up with US Embassy families and that was interesting. I tried talking to one but they said their job was classified. Some of the younger kids looked like they were having a great time in their adopted country, but the teenagers looked rough. I don't blame them, this culture is hard to adjust to when you'd rather wear booty shorts and listen to Justin Bieber. Overall the day went great. It was nice to get out of our training community for a while. 

Waterfall we climbed around. 

Embassy people, so mysterious. 

The gang.

My new passion is climbing. I was like a little monkey.

Maria and some menfolk. Hey, Jaime! The guy in the purple shirt grew up in Mundelien, IL and now he works for USAID.

Then I got competitive because Kai went in the water, and I want to live life on the edge too. He's like the big brother I never had to one-up with. 

Then Kai said there were snakes and I freaked out.

It was really deep! 

It felt great!

Fun!

Wah! 







No comments: