Thursday, September 19, 2013

Drumroll please!

Tuesday was the day! The BIG day! We finally found out where our homes will be for the next 2 years!

I'll be living in Morazan, El Salvador!

I'm very happy with my placement, and I think I'll learn a lot from my canton! There's an artisanal jewelry-making youth group I'll get to advise for marketing and sustainability. The ADESCO is functioning and they've completed projects recently. And get this- there's a NGO in Osicala that works on technical knowledge with adults. One of the things they teach is PIZZA MAKING! It's a match made in heaven. 


I'll be in Morazan. El Salvador has "states" too, but here they're called departments. Morazan is my department. 


We're clustered in three eastern departments: San Miguel, Morazan, La Union.  Frank's the only one all alone in La Union. Nice knowin ya! (Just kidding, we always have some kind of in service training to meet up at.) 

Morazan crew! 

San Antonio. Can't wait to visit Kai in San Miguel. He'll be in a fishing town and he has to take a boat to get to his house!

The next few weeks are going to fly now that we have something real to look forward to. I'll keep you all updated here with new info and pics!



No comments: