Thursday, September 19, 2013

Gallina, it's what's for dinner

If you've been following my blog at all you know that my mortal enemy here in El Salvador is the rooster. We have four gallos (guy-ohs) and they start cawcawing every morning at 4am without fail

This guy in particular is TERRIBLE. 

He's loud. He's annoying. And tonight, he's dinner!

My host mom is making sopa de gallina india. People believe that roosters and chickens are healthier to eat if they wonder around the compound eating your garbage. Garbage you know is better than chemicals you don't! On some level I'm on board with this. But I'm also a little grossed out to eat this guy. 

The bright side is that he can't wake me up if he's dinner! Tomorrow's going to be a good morning. 

1 comment:

k-lit said...

Lol, "tonight he's dinner"
idk if i could eat an animal that ive seen alive