Monday, September 30, 2013

Family party

On Saturday the 28th we had a great, grand going away party. The whole point was to thank our host families for feeding us and dealing with our wavering language abilities. My host mom and sister came, and I think they had a good time. The theme was crazy hats, and the DJ blasted cumbia and bachata. 

My host mom, me and my sister in our hats

Presenting a diploma to my host family, because hosting a PCT is hard work. Notice the knock off Monsters Inc piñata. 

Surprise Zumba dance to Wakka Wakka by Shakira 

Then we all got up to do Gangnam Style, because everyone loves that song here too.

I got really into it, my host mom did alright.


I gave this bag with the Chicago skyline to my host mom on my first day in SanAn. 10 weeks later and she's finally using it!

SanAn PCTs and my host mom. 

SanAn with Kai's family. They were so nice and let us use their house for Zumba classes. 

With Angelica, the best Spanish teacher I could've asked for.

One picture serious... 

And one silly.

Me and Mike

Kenia going to town on the piñata.

Andres, Joseline, Kenia, and Gabby being adorable. 

No comments: