Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Keep on keepin on

I've kinda been slacking on my blog. Yes, I've been busy doing stuff but nothing seemed too remarkable, definitely not worth a blog post. But then I got to Google Hangout (Plug of the day! Hey, when am I going to get paid for these prime product placements!?) with my parents and I realized you have no idea what's going on unless I tell you. 

And so, here's what I've been up to:  

My host brother got a motorcycle. Motos are actually the best way to get around the dirt roads, so everyone has one. Here's my host brother and his nephew, Byron. 

This kid is so cute!
Yes, that's a minion sticker. On a brand new motorcycle. My mom wouldn't even let me out the honor roll stickers on her car when I was a kid, and they slapped on a Despicable Me sticker. 

On Saturday we went to an anthropology museum in San Salvador. It was interesting to see all the Mayan stuff they found all over El Salvador. 
Corn Fest! 

Here's a painting at the museum that reminded me of my grandma. Before I left we death marched the entire Art Institute of Chicago. My feet were killing me, but it's a small price to pay to hang out with my grandma! 

I ate Wendy's for lunch and all was good in the world. 

Here's a typical breakfast:
Frijoles, platanos fritos, crema (cross between sour cream and cream cheese), pan, cafe 

I'll try to take more pictures of typical Salvadoran food. My intestines are doing great btw! 

Hope alls well in the US! 

Besos,
Ale 





3 comments:

Unknown said...

So, the motorcycle is parked right outside your bedroom?

k-lit said...

There's a Wendy's? And why are the wrappers in English?

Anonymous said...

Alex, we think of you often--we miss you here!

Beverly Beyer
Stevenson Center for Community &
Economic Development
Illinois State University