Monday, August 5, 2013

A good day is a really good day


İHola!  It’s Saturday, August 03, 2013 around 8pm. Today was a good day. In PC when you have a good day, you have a really good day. I’m supposed to be keeping a journal of my experiences to help with a final presentation I have to give at the end of PST. Basically, I have to make the case that I’m worthy of swearing in. So I figured I’d write for my blog every other night before I go to sleep and that’ll serve as my journal. Plus, this is a really good way to get out stress and just relax. English, how I miss you.

Today I had an interview with the Project Manager, Clelia. She’s amazing, and she honestly cares about us all. She’s the one who picks our site placements, so she’s kinda a big deal. I really felt like I got to get a lot out- how I need internet for my MI program and my situation now will not cut it, I prefer smaller families, I’ve already experienced culture shock and I’m recovering well. Everything.
Also, she asked about my family. This gave me time to boast about my sister who is really beautiful but she doesn’t believe it, and my mom who travels all over the world, and my dad who is the handiest person I know. And of course, my grandma who knitted gifts for my host family. I stressed that it’s absolutely necessary I can contact my family. Hopefully this means I’ll have access to internet, but there are no promises in PC.

I also went to this huge marcado Santa Techla today. It was… interesting. Just lots of people trying to get you to buy their stuff. Of course, they see white girls and go nuts. No, I do not want your beans. No, I do not want that shirt. Hmm I’ll think about buying those Crocs. We had to search for a backpack. Finally I found something that’ll do, but it’s pretty cheap.
My host family is watching a movie that sounds like Pirates of the Caribbean with terrible Spanish dub. My host mom isn’t into telenovelas, which is too bad. I could use some meaningless drama! It’s also good to learn Spanish.


I’m a little depressed that I have this shiny new iPad and no wifi. I can’t even write blog entries on it, because how will I ever post them? My laptop is hot, and the climate is hot. Not a good combo. But the whole point of PC is to get out of your comfort zone, right? I am happy I downloaded the complete works of Sherlock Holmes. It’s 2,911 pages. I think I have time for that. I just keep imagining the BBC Sherlock. This is my life now. 

No comments: