Thursday, August 29, 2013

Go shortay, it's yo birthday

Monday, August 26, 9pm

It's my birthday and I feel absolutely, positively loved! Because I have an August birthday I'll be spending 24, 25 and 26 here in El Salvador. I'm happy to report that the first of three PC birthdays went swimmingly. Here's a recap:

6:30am: Wake up, bucket bathe, eat juevos rancheros, chit chat with my host mom about how awesome I am and how she's so happy to have me. Get a great text from my birth mom, and I'm excited to start the day! 
8:30am: Spanish class. I was really happy because we worked on the perfect tenses, which I cannot use perfectly. See what I did there? 
12noon: Get amazeballz coffee compliments of my Spanish teacher. Coffee Lovers is the new Starbucks. 
1pm: Soup! I've been waiting to eat soup all month! 

Soup= a bunch of boiled stuff. It's delicious. 

2pm: Review dirty words with my Spanish class. For science! I mean, so we don't make fools of ourselves in site. 
3:30pm: Everyone pile in the PC micro to go to the KARAOKE BAR! Guess that song!

Maria and me!

SanAn represent! 

Maria and Amanda. Man, they feel like women! 

They tried to make me and Anne go to rehab, but we said no, no, no! 

We even had backup dancers!


Open up your heart and you'll find love, love love. And Kai. 

Great action shot. We're so lucky, we are stars, but we cry cry cry in our lovely hearts thinkin, if there's nothing missing in our lives then why do these teeeears come at night?

Solo. I can't do what ten people tell me to do, so I guess I'll remain the same! 

Luke and I. We sang them a song, because we're the piano... People? Ok, that one was a bit of a stretch. 

Sneak attack happy birthday song! And then "In Da Club" came on and a new PC birthday tradition was born. 

6pm: My host family knows how much I love pizza! Dinner with my SanAn family! 

My host mom. Those pizzas had to travel a long ways to get to the campo. 

Me and my family. 

My besties. 

My happy birthday signs. And I caught the majestic eagle between photos. 

7:30pm: Call my birth parents and tell them all about Immersion Days and my birthday. I miss them terribly but I'm honestly truly happy here, and I know I can do this. I think they're happy for me too. I'm happy they're happy I'm happy! 

9ish: Summarize my wonderful birthday for your reading pleasure. 

Love you all, and I'll keep you updated on how Super Weekend goes! Besos! 

 













1 comment:

Karyn said...

Sooooooo glad to hear your bday went well AND you are having a much better time :) love you!!!