Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Freezing

 August 11 9pm

Today I got to talk to my family and my grandma. I miss them, and I miss my old life. Ya know, the life I had before latrines and rainy seasons, and constantly having to ask myself "was that too direct?" People's feelings here are more fragile than pazzoli. It doesn't feel like only three weeks. It feels like I've lived here for months, and I'm never ever going to leave.

I remember reading the blog of a PCV somewhere in South America, I think Paraguay. She said one of the most important things she packed was a hoodie and sweatpants.  Weird, I thought. Isn't it hot down there?

Well now I can vouch for that PCV that yes, it gets VERY cold even when you're every close to the equator. I'm freezing my butt off right now and I have my socks, sweatpants, and hoodie on. I also have two blankets, but they're thin little things. 

The rain is pouring down on my metal roof, and it's loud. I can see my breath when I exhale hard, but my throat is scratchy so I don't want to do that again. I think it's safe to say it is cold. My nose is cold too, and after rubbing it just now I realized I forgot to wash my face. If I wasn't shivering on my foam mattress I'd get up and use the fancy shmancy face wipes I bought from Target. They're made with cucumbers, so you know they're Eco friendly. But using Eco friendly face wipes seems like such a stupid pointless thing when there is garbage EVERYWHERE YOU STEP in this country.

I'm freezing and tired and bored and lonely. This is the fourth time it's rained today, and it's the nighttime rain that'll go until about midnight. I hate that I sweat all day and then I shiver all night. I think I'm getting sick. I really hope it's not dengue. 

PC is all about ups and downs. Right now, I'm feeling down. 

No comments: