Monday, November 11, 2013

Caminemos Con Job

Do you guys remember that most horrible, awful day when I was selling raffle tickets to benefit the man in my canton who has cancer? Sunday we had the big soccer tournament and raffled off the baby cow! It was fun, and a lot of people showed up. The DJ wasn't too bad either.

I'm really proud of this campaign. They did great!

It was muddy, but that's how it goes. 


There were 20 futbol teams who participated. I think it went that they played for 10 minutes then did a shoot out? I don't really know, but it looked like fun. 

The prize! A baby cow goes for about $300. I didn't stay long enough to see who won because they were really messin with me. "We'll do the raffle at 1pm!" Yeah, 4 hours later.... 

I got to hang out with Job the whole time. We ate ice cream and talked about American movies. I told him that I like hockey and he was like, "Ooooh, like Happy Gilmore!" He really likes Adam Sandler. 

It was a fun day! I want to find out how much money they raised. Hopefully it will be enough to cover the costs of his prosthetic.

No comments: