Friday, February 7, 2014

GRILLED CHEESE

Two traditional foods here in El Salvador involve melted, gooey cheese- pupusas and guisquil relleno.

So why, WHY, has it taken me 7 months to make a grilled cheese sandwich!? I put an end to my grilled cheese suffering today.

Quesillo is a type of cheese that's kind of like ricotta. It melts well and tastes great. That and some wheat bread (a pleasant surprise at the store), margarine (because butter is nonexistent) and tomatoes and you've got yourself a salvadoran grilled cheese!

I made 5 grilled cheeses and shared them with the family. They love it! I want to teach Otina how to make grilled cheese so she can sell them in her chalet. It has serious potential!

Let there be cheese! The first grilled cheese. They melted better once I got the hang of it.

Aysel and Edwin love grilled cheese! 



No comments: