Saturday, February 8, 2014

Hawks

I miss a lot of things about my old life in 'Murica. I miss wearing hoodies. I miss chili and pita chips and all kinds of food. I miss my favorite TV shows. I miss shopping for stuff I don't need. I miss being comfortable and feeling clean.

And damn, I miss the Stanley Cup champions and my home team, the Chicago Blackhawks.

I went to a few Wolves games with my dad when I was a kid. I don't remember much of the hockey part, but they had this terrifying pre-game show and I hated it. Who thinks fireworks INSIDE is a good idea?!

I started following the hawks because I dated a guy who was a big fan. I loved the speed and the fights, and I never missed a game at his crappy college apartment. That was 2010 and the hawks went on to win the Stanley Cup that season, the first Cup win since 1961. I like to think that I was their lucky charm. What a great time to fall in love with hockey!

And they did it again in 2013 to send me off to El Salvador with a BANG! As always, their lucky charm watched every game and didn't wash her hawks sweater because superstition, duh.

It's difficult to keep up with my favorite team here in PC. I read all the hawks news and check the stats, but I'm missing the Crow's great saves and Sharpie's sharp shooting. I miss Q's 'stache and of course my captain, o captain!

Being a sports fan in Chicago can be really depressing (i.e. Chicago Cubs), but Chicago hockey always delivers. I'll get home in time for the 2015 season to kick off. Who's coming to games with me!?

I know Christi's in :)

Open when.... You miss the (2013 Stanley Cup Champion) Blackhawks 


No comments: