Sunday, March 29, 2015

Green thumb

Every weekend I go down to the garden to check on the plants. No, I'm not the one doing the daily watering. That falls to my host dad, and he seems to like taking care of the plants. I'm more of the emotional support rather than the green thumb.

But hey! The climate is so perfect for growing here we don't even need luck! While I'm sweating buckets the plants are growing at ridiculous speed, and every week I'm closer to my grilled zucchini and basil pesto.

Calabacines.

Albahaca.

The green beans are up to my shoulders, which is equal to one Otinia. 
Last night, so frustrated with trying to explain what a zucchini is, I Googled it for the whole family. We looked at recipes, full grown plants, and translated it (calabacin). We did the same thing for basil, because THAT was hard to explain as well. They'll probably be ready just before I leave for Italy. What a nice send off :)

No comments: