Thursday, January 2, 2014

Long time, no see

HELLO! I'm sorry, but this won't be a triumphant return post. I've been bouncing around northern Morazan, going to end-of-year meetings, lacking internet, and I've been fairly sick. So, I'm sorry I've been neglecting my blog. But here's a promise of the posts I have to come:

  • Climbing the waterfall
  • Christmas in San Fernando
  • New Years 2014
Hmmm that's actually a pretty short list. I think I can knock those out by the end of the week! If I get some reliable internet first. 

Well, this IS my first post of 2014. I'll be living this whole year abroad, from January 1 to December 31 (and beyond, but let's just focus on 2014 now). I'm excited because I know after a whole year in site I'll have projects going and my spanish will be awesome and everything will be a little more scheduled. Scheduling is goooood, it makes the time go by faster. 

This past year was pretty interesting. It went by so fast! I can't even believe I was struggling thought grad school this time last year and now I'm still struggling to write my capstone, but now I'm writing under a mosquito net. In January of last year I didn't even know where Peace Corps was going to send me. I'm happy they sent me to the little thumb of central america. I've met great new people, Volunteers, staff and host country nationals alike. They're what make this process worthwhile. 

I'm excited for 2014. I think it's going to be a year I'll never forget!





No comments: