Monday, December 16, 2013

The best day EVER

Ladies and gentleman, today Tuesday, December 16, 2013 is the best day of my life. Why has it been the best day of my life (and it’s only 2:30pm)? Here’s why:

I woke up at the ripe hour of 8am without the typical 
bomp bomp bomp bomp bomp bomp bomp bomp” 
of Christian rancherra music. Where was everybody? Eh, no matter. I made a cup of coffee and got to read a few chapters of Clash of Kings in peace.

Then I got a call from the post office telling me that it’s here. MY PACKAGE IS HERE!!!!! I got my butt outta bed, showered and ran for the bus. 

I got to hang out with my neighbor on the way. She said she really missed me. Awww, that’s sweet but MY PACKAGE IS HERE!!!!!

I got the added bonus at the post office of getting THREE hilarious cards from my grandma. She’s so funny and she doesn’t even know it! I love cards from my grandma, they always make me feel special. I miss her so much! Did I mention that MY PACKAGE IS HERE!!!!!?

Miss you grandma!
Since I was in town, I stopped to buy some veggies. A guy in the store said, “Hey, are you American?” Claro que si, seƱor! He must have had a good experience living in the US because he gave me a lift home. ‘Murica! Damn, I had missed riding in the back of pick-up trucks. I waved hello to Manuel the Health Promoter going on his daily route and got dropped at Otinia’s chalet so I could show everyone waiting for the bus how happy this crazy PCV can be. I carried my package on my head like a true Salvadoran woman and gave the men cutting manguey a good laugh. I didn’t care though because MY PACKAGE IS HERE!!!!!

It's really here!

I got home and ripped open the greatest package of my life. Some of the amazing things my family sent me: Chili Cheese Fritos, candy, pretzels, my Teva sandals and tennis shoes that fit perfectly, a singing Spanish Christmas card purposely left unsigned so I can give it to someone in my community (smart), new nalgene water bottle, my stocking, one of my favorite Christmas ornaments, FOAMEE, a shirt, gingerbread cookies, Cheez-its, and little notes on everything. Thanks to my sister Tate for drawing crosses on the box. Honestly that’s probably why I got it so fast!

So many good things

I shared some of the chips with my host family. They had never tasted Cheetos or Sour Cream & Onion Lays before. I also gifted Aysel with Dora stickers. She came into my room later with half the sticker book all over her arms and dress. She was so happy!

So adorable! 

I was having SUCH a good day that I felt justified in opening another “Open when…” card from my cousin/bestie. She told me to share the good days with everyone back home, so I got a kick of motivation to start writing in my blog again. This is why I love her.

Miss you Christi!

I love and miss my family so damn much. I’m so lucky to have them! They keep me going J

No comments: