Monday, December 16, 2013

I’m normal, I swear!

Peace Corps has a way of really, REALLY messing with you. I’ve personally experienced so many highs and lows, often immediately back to back and without compromise, that my emotional equilibrium is the most savage teeter-totter in the world. Ya know, the one they had to remove from the public park because too many kids broke their necks. That’s me.

But guess what? It’s normal. I’m normal.  It’s gonna be ok.

You could see the collective flicker of light bulbs above every PCV’s head when Mary the Psych Lady revisited the “Cycle of Vulnerability” during PST2. We’d seen this chart before, but that was before the lowest of the lows set in- oddly enough around the 3-6 month mark.



I mean, it makes sense. Everything here makes sense. And it’s all true, I can attest. So I’m sharing this with you all so you get a better sense of what it’s like to be a PCV and why I write about wormholes. And so you send me Chili Cheese Fritos around the 12-14 month mark in July.  

No comments: