Monday, December 16, 2013

The Best Thanksgiving EVER

I was really nervous to spend my first major holiday away from home. Luckily, like with my birthday, Thanksgiving El Salvador was a huge hit. When I heard we’d been invited to spend the holiday with a family from the US Embassy, I had envisioned an old wrinkly man. Some PCV’s did get matched with old people, and they had a very lovely time. Me? I’m happy me, Maria and Greg, another PCV from the previous group, got matched with an awesome, young, single guy from the US Embassy.

Entonces, we had an amazing time. Chris from the Embassy lives in the penthouse of a beautiful apartment building overlooking San Salvador. We enjoyed chilled wine and shopping sprees. We did flood his apartment, but it only took a few hours to clean up. We cooked all day. Nay-freakin-ib came to Thanksgiving dinner. Marine House. Tunco.


I won’t go into much detail, but I will say this- Thanksgiving 2013 will never be beat. 

My new bestie lookin cute

Chris, one of the coolest guys I've ever met

Greg, carving the turkey like a boss

I sorta helped cook this meal. I was more interested in the wine. Delish!

Beautiful balcony. Sargent Hotness. Friendship. 

Nayib Bukele and the beautiful Gaby came for dinner. He's kinda a big deal. 

Damn, I miss the beach. 

No comments: