Thursday, June 26, 2014

Just what I needed

Yesterday was Dia de la Maestra in El Salvador. I guess I'm technically a teacher for 1 hour every Thursday. I didn't think that would count for much, but then two of my students showed up at my house to invite me to come to the school at noon.

Now, I honestly forgot that it was teacher's day. I thought this was some meeting, or maybe the CDE (school board) was going to ask me when I'd get that shipment of soccer balls I promised to donate 2 months ago...

But no! It was a party! And I had to keep blinking so I wouldn't cry. My students couldn't have known how terrible this month has been for me. English class is one of the few things I really like, so I've always been pretty upbeat with them. I was so honored to be included in their celebration. This was JUST what I needed to get me over the dip (Thanks Jodi!).

Here are some highlights:

You like me! You really, really like me!
Drag was a popular option for the dances. We watched 4 choreographed dances and they were all great! 

I live in a very conservative community (think the town in Footloose), so I was fairly surprised by all the dancing. I think me and the other teacher's need to do a dance for student's day in July! 

THREE MEATS

Watching over my cake, giving me the creeps. 

The teachers!



1 comment:

Jodi said...

Yay for dia de la maestra! Just keep taking it una dia at a time.