Thursday, June 5, 2014

More PCV Visits

I've been on a PCV visiting roll lately! This week I visited PCVs Amanda and Emily in northern Morazán. We didn't get to Amanda's site until late in the afternoon, but it was a welcome sight to see her clean, flea free pet dogs. They even had flea collars! We had a nice dinner with her host mom and set off the next morning to Emily's site about an hours walk away. (Keep in mind that 1 hour mountainous walk = 3 hours normal walking.) Leo, an artist from my community, is building a table and chairs from bamboo for a project Emily and Amanda are collaborating on. The idea is to have kids find new and creative uses for bamboo through a multi-school competition. Leo and I are currently working on a grant to buy art supplies for a drawing and painting class, so it really helped to spend the day together and learn about the grant Em & Amanda are writing. Today we have our first meeting with the kids in the community, wish me luck!

Pearla, my favorite.

This ugly Chihuahua was not.  

Amanda, pointing out that the little houses in the distance is our destination. 

Bamboozle!

Teamwork makes the dream work.  

Leo and an almost finished table! 
Emily, me and Amanda with the bamboo table

No comments: