Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Exposición

I was very proud to celebrate the hardworking jóvenes that participated in the drawing and painting class on Monday. We started out with over 50 hopefuls, and ended up with a nicely sized group of about 20 dedicated students. Some of the kids came over to the casa comunal at 8am to clean and mop the floors (probably for the first time in years).

I'm embarrassed to admit how ridiculously difficult it was to make those letters. 

Just getting started! 
Here is some of the students' work:

















I replicated a photo of my grandma. It's not very good, but I set the sell price at $1,000 for kicks. 

While we had the open house, the carrera de cinta was taking place outside. This made things troublesome when our referigerio arrived and grabby people threw their hands in my face for panes and wanted two more for their friends outside. It kind of defeated the purpose of the exposición de la clase de dibujo y pintura. We're here to celebrate the KIDS! They didn't even look at the paintings. I got fed up with some bolos and told them they had to tell me what their favorite painting was, who painted it, and how much it costs before they could collect. That at least forced them to acknowledge there were paintings in the room.

The open house was worth it though. I'm so, so, so proud of the kid's work! Leo has been a great partner and teacher as well, and I hope he continues with the class.

No comments: