Saturday, November 22, 2014

Art class update

Oh yeah! And I've been throwing myself into art class. I've made attendance charts and permission slips and planned out gender charlas. This past week was graduation in San Lucas (the "rich kid" school), so we had 11 students in the morning and 12 students in the afternoon. It was perfect. Me and Leo are tracking absences in the hopes that we can have one class of about 20 students. The kids are allowed to miss no more than two classes, so next week will tell how many people get cut.

It's a little ridiculous, I know. Shouldn't everyone get the chance to be involved? Well, yes. We tried that.  Now we're focusing on quality and not quantity. And I really want to get started on my gender charlas.

Fewer students means everyone gets to use an easel and they all get to fall down when bumped into. 

I like that we have young men involved in a not so macho group. I think it calms them down. 

No comments: